Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day

It's hard to believe that Memorial day has come and gone for another year. It is nice that each Memorial day it's all in one stop. Eric's Mom, Grandma, my Dad's and sister Kelli's graves are all at the Bountiful cemetery. I love that we live so close that we can visit any time we want to but it is especially beautiful during Memorial weekend. I love to go and see all of the flowers on the graves. It really is a beautiful sight. It is one of my kids favorite places to go so they can remember all of the memories we have of Grandpa and it is a chance to talk about their Grandma Seljaas who they never knew. I always think it will be easier each time we go visit but I always seem to shed a few tears. The girls this year each drew a picture of a memory they had with Grandpa. They were so cute and they stuck them in the flowers we put on his grave. I am so mad I totally forgot to take a picture of them. I am grateful to know that families are forever and what peace that brings to me and my family.



1 comment:

jerseygirl said...

What a special Memorial Day! Your family is so wonderful, thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us!