Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lava Hot Springs

We decided awhile ago that we wanted to go try the RV out as a family and go to Lava Hot Springs. Eric and his work partner bought the RV for all of the trips to Idaho they have been taking. They have used it alot but this was our first trip in it and I didn't really know what to expect. I can tell you that I really don't enjoy camping to much! We had heard from Eric's brother about this really nice camp ground that had full hookups for the RV in Lava Hot Springs. I haven't been their since I was a kid. I remembered it being lots of fun but I soon found out that it had changed alot since I was a kid for the better!! As we were driving to Lava Hot Springs the kids were all excited to finally get on the road. They loved the ride and sitting on top in the bed. I was a nervous wreck. It was really windy and I thought we were going to get blown off the road! Thank goodness we made it there just fine. When we got there it was raining and cold so we turned on a movie and got cozy and settled for the night. The next day we had tons of fun riding bikes and enjoying the Hot Springs. It was still overcast and the perfect day for Hot Springs. They felt so good and the kids loved swimming in them. The rest of the trip we had perfect weather and lots of sunshine. We spent a day at the olympic sized pool, river rafting and enjoying the RV. We even made our first dutch oven dinner. It was delicious!! I am totally convinced that RVing is the way to go! It was so comfortable and the kids loved it. Brinley was so sad that it was time to come home she cried all morning long! It was a awesome weekend and a fun way to spend Father's day. The girls made Eric a cute candy bar poster. He loved It. He is the best Dad ever.


Here are some pictures from our trip

2 comments:

michelle said...

Your trips looks like so much fun! The pictures of the girls, you and Eric are all so cute! But I have to say that my favorite is Eric and the girls in beds with their ipods, movies, phones, etc. LOL:) What a great vacation!

jerseygirl said...

there is nothing like camping. Your girls are going to remember that forever. Looks like you had a lot of fun!