Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!

First day of school pictures

Mckenna, Ava, and Hailey cute cousins
cousins excited in the boat
I can't believe that another school year is starting! We just got back from our last summer vacation up to Bear Lake! This summer has been so fun but a little emotional for me. Our family loves to get together for vacations and we spent a lot of time up at my sisters cabin in Bear Lake. It has been such a fun summer, but each time we went the memories of my Dad would start coming to me. He was such a central part of our family fun especially in the summer at Bear Lake. Even though he was greatly missed we were quite proud of everything he taught us: we were able to beach launch the boat, get the sunshade up, take the kids on fun tube rides, and so much more! I am so grateful that I have such a great family. We love to be and do things together. It is kind of funny that my kids best friends are their cousins! Enough of summer now we are on to bigger things. The kids were so excited to start there first day of school. Sadie is now in 3rd grade, and Brinley is in Kindergarten. They were both a little anxious but very excited to go to their first day. Sadie came home so excited about her teacher. Brinley was also very excited but was a little sad when her teacher said they didn't really start until next week. I hope we make it through this week! I love this time of year when we get back on to a routine and are excited to learn new things. I love that the seasons are going to be changing soon and we have new things to look forward to.

2 comments:

the fellers said...

isnt it just like a breath of fresh air when the new seasons start!?! looks like a fun trip to Bear Lake!

jerseygirl said...

You are so optomistic and such a cute mom! It's nice that you can have such great memories of your dad, he was a wonderful person. Hope Brinley's week goes by fast so she can start school!!