Thursday, January 24, 2013

Crazy Ice storm!

We woke up to a freezing rain storm and it wasn't a fun start to the day!  It took Eric 2 hours to get to work.  He got there safe but when he walked into work he slipped and fell.  When I was picking the kids up from school I slid down the drive way sideways and almost hit the honda. (which would have been ok since I am trying to convince Eric to get rid of it!) but I was happy I missed it I didn't want to bang up our new car!  The drive way was a sheet of ice and there was no way I was going to slide down again so I decided to just leave it at the bottom of the driveway.  I had to get Brinley to a birthday party, and Sadie to Activity days.  We decided when they were done that we would just hunker down at home. I was done driving on the ice.  I thought I hated driving in the snow but I would take that any day over driving on the ice!  When Eric got home from work he chipped away at the drive way and cleared most of the ice off of it!  The girls had lots of fun ice skating on the sidewalks and sliding down the hill.  Our neighbor's yard looked like an iceskating rink!  Let's just say I am so ready for winter to be over!  I don't think I can handle another storm like today!







No comments: