Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools!

I wasn't too excited for April Fools Day this year. I had been dreading it all week not knowing what to do! I told the girls I was to tired to trick them this year. Eric was gone all week and I really was tired! They came home from school and had a full service beauty salon with some friends. While they were out enjoying the beautiful sunny day with their friends I came up with this April Fools joke dinner! It's a good thing the Apple store is close by!

The girls were a little surprised to find a new chicken recipe (nut roll candy bar) peas and carrots ( gobstoppers) and mashed potato's (vanilla ice-cream with carmel topping)! They had a disgusted look on their face when they tried the chicken! They loved the mashed potato's. They were even more surprised to find Jello as their drink.

Sadie wanted to play a joke on her friends so she made up these hamburgers made out of cookies! She really had them fooled!
The girls were really glad I had pizza cooking in the oven just in case they didn't like their dinner. I guess it was worth it to see the look on their faces! Until next year!

1 comment:

jerseygirl said...

so fun! you're such a great mom, exhausted and all you pulled it off!! I love the cookie idea!