Friday, December 4, 2009

In Loving Memory

A year ago today our lives changed forever as my dad suddenly passed away from a tragic accident. This has been a year with a lot of emotion as we tried to go about our life with out him. It has been very difficult but I think he would be proud of us for pulling together as a family and persevering. There are still days when I think I'll just call DAD, and then realize he isn't their to call. Although there have been many difficult times there has also been fun times as well, which I am grateful for. I am grateful for the great example he was to me and my family. He always had a smile on his face and was always doing something for someone else. I hope that I can carry on that legacy. He was the best grandpa and the girls are always talking about fun memories they had with him. I am grateful for the time he spent with them and I hope my girls will remember how much their grandpa loved them. I am so grateful to my mom who has been a strength to us. She is always their for us even on her hard days and is always reminding to us about the important work he is doing in Heaven. I am grateful to know that someday we will be together again. I am so grateful to my wonderful friends and family who have helped me get through this year. Your words of encouragement have meant alot to me and my family, you always brighten my day.

9 comments:

Kamal and Amber said...

Heather -
I have to say this year has flown. My grandma passed away a year ago tomorrow and it was her time, but it has still been hard missing her and remembering all she did for our family. I think you will always be in my thoughts this time of year, because unfortunately we both experienced a loss so close together. I hope you will be able to feel your dad's love today as well as the love from our Heavenly Father.

the fellers said...

what a great tribute Heather, he sounds like an amazing guy and your mom sounds amazing too! I hope you have a great day, if you ever need anything, please call me!!

The Morley's said...

I can't believe that it has been a year. Your dad was one of the definitely one of the greatest people, not a bad thing could be said about him. Barrett certainly looked up to him a lot. It has been so neat to see your family pull together over the past year and be each others strengths. You are all great examples of doing hard things!

ashlan said...

I have been thinking about your family alot the last few days. I can't belive it has been a year already that the world lost a great man. Your family has been a great example to us. I had the opportunity to hear your mom give her testimony a while about about the support she had gotten and she is truly a tough woman. You have alot of your mom and dad in you and your kids. You guys can do anything you put your minds to and being examples of how to put faith in the lord at a trying time is a huge thing your family has taught us all. Thanks for being such a great example.

The Pedersen Haus said...

Heather I can't believe it's been a year already. You are such an amazing person! I can't imagine how trying the past year has been for you and your family but you've done a great job of pulling together and getting through. You're a great example of faith and service to all of us around you! I'll miss being in young woman's with you.

miller family said...

Your family is such an inspiration to me. What great examples you all are in your service. I know we all learned that from Uncle Mert. Thanks for this tribute Heather - it was beautiful!

jerseygirl said...

It took me a day to get the courage up to read your blog. I waited to be alone becasue I knew the tears would come as always when I think of your family. Not only beacuse of the loss you've had to go through but also because of the sweet spirit, example and strength you have been to the rest of the world. I feel touched every time I read your blogs. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful friend. I only wish we lived closer. Thankyou for being so uplifting and teaching me so much. Have a wonderful Holiday! we'll be thinking of you as always.

michelle said...

I can't believe it's been a year. That was a great tribute. I think that it's nice to take time every year and remember those we have lost. I'm sure his passing makes each holiday season hard but then again I think it may bring an added measure of the "true meaning of Christmas." May we all remember how all our lives were changed by the birth of our Lord and Savior!

Debbie Fugal said...

Your Dad will never be forgotten. He left a legacy that will carry on throughout the eternities of faith, service and love. You have been a great support to your Mom, which her sisters appreciate. She is a wonderful example to both her immediate and extended families. Love you all so much.