Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First Day of School!

The first day of school was a little nerve wracking around our house.  All 3 of them started at new school's this year.  Sadie was so excited to start Mueller Park Jr. High.  we got her all registered and went to the 7th grade orientation to get her all set to start.  She was lucky and got her own locker!  She has amazed me starting at a new school especially Jr.High only knowing a few people.  She has a super nice cousin Brock who is in 8th grade and has looked out for her.  Sadie went to school the first day and didn't know a single person at lunch.  All of her friends had 1st lunch and she had 2nd lunch.  She didn't let that stop her.  She went up to a group of girls eating and sat down by them.  By the end of lunch she had made some new friends.  She found out 2 of them had locker's by her and they have become great friends!  They even help her open her locker when she need's help!  I am so proud of her and the way she start's talking to people she doesn't even know.  A couple of the girls told her they were so glad Sadie came up to them to talk because they wouldn't have had the courage to do that!  I can't even do that! (lol)  I wish I had the courage of my girls!  I think Sadie is going to have a great year!



 Brinley and Hailey started at Muir Elementary and were also very courageous!  Brinley knew a couple of girls in her class that are also in her primary class.  She was excited to be able to sit by them.  Brinley has a really fun teacher named Mrs. Christensen.  She has started off the year with lot's of homework!  I think we've had homework since the first day of school. (a big change from 3rd grade!)  I guess it's good to jump right in!  It's taken a little bit of time getting used to a new school and the in's and out's of things.  We are getting into a good routine and I think things will start getting easier!  Brinley is such a fun girl and is making lot's of friends.  She is a go getter and loves learning!  I think she will love 4th grade too!  Brinley is such a great big sister to Hailey and is taking great care of her to get her to her class!  They think it's fun walking to school because it's down hill but they hate walking home!  I think they will get used to it soon enough!

 Hailey is loving her 1st grade class.  Her teacher's name is Mrs. Corbridge.  Hailey didn't know anyone in her class but she see's some of her primary friends in the other classes.  She loves going to school all day but hate's school lunch!  She want's home lunch everyday!  The first couple of weeks she was coming home so tired but I think she is getting used to it now and loves it!  She is a little more quiet like her mom!  until you get to know her, but I think she is starting to make some new friends at school.  I think once we start playing with some of the neighbor kids it will feel more like home!

No comments: