Monday, August 12, 2013

Sold!

What a crazy summer we have had trying to sell our house.  I knew it was going to be hard but oh my goodness!  trying to keep a house clean in the summer has been quite the challenge.   Every time we showed it we had a process of cleaning.  The girls were such a big help.   They new exactly what their jobs were!  We usually would leave during the showing ( I did not love hearing the realtors show the house.  They look at every nook and cranny! and were vocal on their likes and dislikes!)  We went to the park lots of times, out to Mcdonalds, and lots of yummy sno-cones!  The kids thought it was all right but for me it was really stressful.  We didn't have a lot of success trying to sell it on our own so we ended up using a company called Intermountain properties where you pay them a $150 to put it on the MLS.  When we did that we had a lot more interest and had ton's of people walking through.  After two weeks of multiple showings in a day I was ready for it to be sold.  I was going a little crazy!  We went to Bear Lake over the 24th of July and while we were there we had someone call to see if they could come see the house.  We told them we were out of town but would be home later that day.  We got home at 3:00 and they came at 4:00 to see the house.  We couldn't even unpack!  I left with the kids while Eric showed the house.  Needless to say this family loved it.  They made us an offer the next day.
We are moving the week school starts.  I am going to be a stress case having all them starting at new schools.  I guess I need to have a little faith! It is a bitter sweet feeling to know that we will be leaving this home that we have lived in for the last 12 years.  We have so many wonderful memories in our home.  But on the other hand we feel like this is the right decision at the right time.  We are moving into my Mom's home while she and Marlin serve a mission.  Change is always hard and I'm not the best at it.  I am constantly worrying about the girls changing schools and making new friends.  I am grateful we have this time to not be rushed into finding our next house.  We aren't sure what we are going to do but I know that we will figure it out and find the perfect place for our family.

No comments: