Monday, February 16, 2009











This year for valentines day I wanted to surprise the girls and do something fun.  I decided to decorate their doors so when they woke up they would be excited for valentines day.  I had fun cutting the hearts out and putting up the crate paper.  When the girls woke up they were a little surprised.  I had hearts on the floor that led to the kitchen where we had put  their little valentine.  Then it is our tradition to make pink heart pancakes for breakfast.  I think they had a fun morning.  I was a little surprised to find a valentine from eric to me.  He had to work that morning and I wasn't expecting a fun valentine.  He already had given me 2 dozen beautiful red roses the day before!  He is the best husband and dad and  I am so lucky to have him in my life.   The girls think it is so fun that their dad's birthday is on valentines day.  All week they were planning out what how they wanted to celebrate him.  Sadie and Brinley helped make a cake for him.  Sadie was a little disappointed when we didn't have the right number of candles to put on his cake!  After the cake it was time to open the presents.  Hailey was excited for that.  She was tearing the paper off before we new what to do.  After presents the kids wanted to go to Kangaroo Zoo.  We had lots of fun their and then went out for ice cream.  When the celebrating was done we dropped the kids off at their cousins house and me and eric went out to dinner.  It was a great night and a fun valentines day!

3 comments:

Kamal and Amber said...

I always check you blog so If finally added you to my blog list - this is a lot easier than going to Michelle's and then going to yours : ). Looks like you guys had a fun Valentines Day and Happy b-day Eric.

Debbie said...

Heather, reading about your fun valentines surprise you did for your girls took me back to when my kids were small. I loved doing things like that. I recall a Snt. Patricks day....I surprised the kids with a green breakfast before they went to school. What was fun for them was..Lance wrote a note for each child in teeny tiny print on a tiny piece of paper signed with a Leperchan name, and placed them on the table. They were so freaked out, they looke so authentic and real. I loved the holidays with my kids. Keep that creativity alive.

Debbie said...

Oh I forgot to say that it is me grandmadebbie5.blogspot.com