Saturday, December 13, 2008

Grandpa






Well, it's been a tough couple of weeks.   On Thursday Dec 4th  we got a call that Heather's Dad was in an accident where he fell while on a ladder helping at my brother-in-law's house.  Mert was air lifted to the Hospital where they took great care of him.  But his injuries were so severe, that the doctors told us he would not survive the accident.  With his sweet wife, and all of his children and spouses around him, Mert passed away late Thursday.  It was so un-expected and sudden.  He was so young and had so much to look forward to.  He was such a great example to us all.   We had a wonderful funeral where we could remember what a wonderful Husband, Father, Grandpa, and Friend Mert was to all of us.  He will be greatly missed.  Here are some of our favorite pictures with Grandpa.  We really appreciate everyone's love and support for our family through this difficult time. We feel so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel, it brings us great comfort and peace through this hard time.

<

7 comments:

The Morley's said...

What great pictures and memories. Mert was an amazing man, we will miss him too. We love you guys!

ashlan said...

He was such an great person. I loved all the project he was always doing, he never stoped. What a great example of how to be of service to others.

michelle said...

Great pictures! We love your family and are so sorry for your loss(es). Let us know if we can do anything!

miller family said...

Heather, we love u and certainly loved Uncle Mert. He was such an amazing person and such an example to us all. Please let us know if u need anything.
Tiffany

jerseygirl said...

what wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing them with all of us. We just love you guys so much, your in our thoughts and prayers. Mert will always be a wonderful example to live up to.

I am glad that we can share each others lives a little bit through blogging I was so thrilled to see that you had one. If you need to talk call anytime.

Tyler and Nicole Anderson said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, Heather! You and your family have been in our prayers! Hope you don't mind I found your blog through Becca's! Your family is so good looking, we LOVE your Christmas Card! We can't wait to see you guys this week!

Love,
Tyler and Cole

Debbie said...

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear that your dad had passed away.If they announced it in Relief Society I missed it. I remember when my dad passed away in Dec. an old bishop that helped get my parents active and sealed in the temple came over to the house ad he read my mom and I the poem about" My first Christmas in heaven" and I have given that saying on a plaque to my son in law when his dad died a year ago. It is hard to loose one of your parents. We are so blessed to have the Gospel and a knowledge that we will see our family again after this life. I'm nervous even leaving this comment though, I'll take my chances. I have left comments on other bloggers in our ward and they totally ignore me at church now. What's with that? You know me better than that I hope. Love ya